Fashions Night Out
Fashion Week is approaching and I am getting super excited! Yes, it has the aura of being an uber exclusive invite only affair, but Fashions Night Out gives any and all fashionistas the chance to experience it and get a taste of the designers & boutiques without being a fashion editor like Anna Wintour or one of her poor assistants (a la Devil Wears Prada).
What is Fashions Night Out?
In simple terms it is an evening during Fashion Week in which retailers and some designers that may not have showcased in an actual fashion show and some that have host an event for the general public. Among the things you can expect to find is free flowing champagne, A-list celebrity appearances and if you are lucky enough, some great giveaways.
Do’s & Don’ts:
- Don’t be fooled by my ‘open to the public’ statement and definitely do show up 30-45 mins ahead of time for the bigger events.
- What to wear to FNO:
- Don’t dress like you are going to a club.
- Do wear an outfit that is trendy and hip.
- Don’t wear uncomfortable shoes if you plan on party hopping.
- Do wear your best accessories like layered chains and your best bag.
- Don’t overdo your makeup.
- Do put in the time to get flawless skin and try a bold lip.
Here is evidence of some craziness that went on during Fashions Night Out last year and based on this, I am definitely not going to miss it this time either!