Fashions Night Out Fever in London
(London) Fashion’s Night Out is fast approaching and this little Londoner is so excited! London is abuzz right now with the Paralympics and various events in the city like the amazing free circus shows in and around Picadilly Circus yesterday and FNO is the glamorous cherry on top of all the London events.
Fashion’s Night Out is Vogue’s way of showing love to the fashion retailers of the world and for the retailers and brands to show their fans and customers love back in return. The evening is a celebration of fashion, shopping and general feel good-ness. It is the one night when I feel completely uninhibited to walk into the shops of the fanciest couturier and am whole heartedly welcome. The high end brands open their doors to anyone who would like to pop in, enjoy a glass of complementary champagne and browse the racks. Even if these shoppers might not buy anything at all, the dream of buying something at the shop is planted and they walk out with big smiles if not with big shopping bags.
Last year I had a great time at London Fashion’s Night out with a group of girlfriends. You can read about it here or even better, join me this year!
Here is my mini guide to Fashion’s Night Out 2012 in London.
Official website: HERE
- Selfridges to start the night off because several brands will be holding their individual parties all across the department store. Last year I enjoyed some delicious Pimm’s Lemonades and brushed shoulders with Alice Temperley.
- ACNE Studios for Swedish Music and Absolute Vodka Cocktails.
- Walk all the way up and down Dover Street to check out any and every shop because this street rules!
- Make your way to Longchamps to see Jameela Jamil DJ.
- Head into Alexander McQueen early enough in the night to ensure you will get in. This is the one place where I queued for over half an hour last year and still didn’t get in because I left it for the end of the night. My grand finale nearly became a grand disappointment till I found Longchamps.
- Pop by Burberry to mill about with beautiful shoppers and take in the gorgeous chandelier and interior of the shop, while sipping some champagne.
- End the night on King Street to check out the super cool brand, Opening Ceremony’s party.
I hope you will enjoy Fashion’s Night Out in London this year just as much as I will! I you would like to join me, genuinely, please feel free to contact me and maybe we can hit the town together and take advantage of this awesome event.
Stay in touch with Stylester on Facebook!