Pastel Ombre Nails for Summer Music Festivals
(London) I had the amazing opportunity to go away this summer to visit Spain and attend the Benicassim Music Festival. It was last minute and very short notice and as you can imagine, there was a lot of panicking and extreme shopping as preparation. I don’t feel the need to write a “What to wear to Benicassim Festival” post because anything goes at this relaxed and friendly festival. If you are looking for a survival guide however, I found this post very helpful.
The one thing I did spend time on however was a gorgeous DIY ombre manicure using my favourite pastel summer shades.
Nail varnishes used:
- Essie Lilacism
- OPI Panda-monium Pink from the Hong Kong collection
- Turquoise glitter – Brand unknown (random drugstore brand from Japan)
- Seche Vite top coat
- Step 1: Paint all the nails except for your ring fingers on both hands with Essie Lilacism. Use at least two coats.
- Step 2: Paint the ring fingers with OPI Panda-monium Pink using at least two coats.
- Step 3: Quickly add the turquoise glitter to the bottom half of your nails using a top-down stroke, moving the brush towards the cuticle. This will deposit more glitter at the base of the nail giving it a truly ombre look.
- Step 4: Finish it off with a good dose of Seche Vite top coat. This will dry the manicure quickly while making everything smooth and shiny and get rid of any bumps from the glitter.
Like it? Pin it!
Subscribe to us on Facebook as well to get all our content instantly!